When it comes to plantation shutters, there are a lot of companies out there to choose from. So, how do you know which one is the right one for your home? Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a plantation shutter company:
Consider your budget
There are a variety of materials used to make plantation shutters, but wood is usually the most expensive option. Cheaper composite materials are available, which may be a more affordable option for you. When choosing plantation shutters, cost should be just one of the many factors you consider. By knowing your budget and planning, you can avoid any unexpected expenses.
Here are FOUR things to keep in mind when budgeting for shutters:
- Window size – When it comes to windows, size Matters. Prices for both casement and double-hung windows increase as the size gets larger, with common window sizes ranging from about 24×30 inches up to 48×60 inches. So if you’re looking to save some money, you might want to go with a smaller window;
- Shutters material and finish – There are three main types of plantation shutters based on material: composite or faux wood, painted wood, and stained wood. Composite and faux wood shutters are typically the cheapest option, while painted wood shutters fall somewhere in the middle in terms of price. Stained wood plantation shutters are generally the most expensive option;
- Wood type – There is a wide variety of wood types that can be used for shutters, each with its unique benefits and drawbacks. Pine is the most affordable option, while domestic hardwoods are mid-priced. Exotic woods like European basswood and American White Ash may cost more, but offer superior durability and aesthetic appeal. Ultimately, the best wood type for shutters depends on the specific needs and preferences of the homeowner;
- DIY or Pro Installation – You can save up to $50 on installation costs by doing it yourself. Installing your shutters is a relatively easy process that anyone can do with the right tools and instructions.
Decide on the style of shutters you want
The shape of your window will dictate the best style of the shutter, and your supplier will be able to show you the best options for your specific windows. In addition to choosing the right style for your home, you’ll also need to pick a color and slat size. Other options, such as privacy rails, may also be available and should be included in the price of the shutters.
There are FIVE main styles of plantation shutters:
- Cafe-style shutters – Differentiating your home with cafe-style shutters gives you privacy and light control while maintaining affordability. These shutters cover only a portion of the window, making them a great option for those who want to add a unique touch to their home without breaking the bank;
- Full height shutters – Full height shutters are a great way to cover your windows and doors. With slat control, you can split the light in half with mid-rails or a hidden split. This gives you additional light control options;
- Tier-on-tier shutters – They are typically used on bay windows. This type of shutter has a bottom tier and a top tier, which allows for dual control over light and privacy;
- Solid panel shutters – These are shutters that have no slats. They’re perfect for creating a period look, as they offer good light reduction when closed;
- Special shaped shutters – Circular, triangular, or any other shape you can imagine – we can make it happen. Keep in mind that these custom shutters will cost more than your average rectangular shutter since they require more time and effort to create.
Get recommendations from friends or family
Before you purchase plantation shutters for your home, it is important to do your research and get recommendations from people you trust. Talk to your friends and neighbors who have installed shutters in their own homes to get an idea of which shutter manufacturers are the best to consider. They can tell you which products they have been happy with and which ones to avoid. With their first-hand experiences, they will be able to give you valuable insights into what kinds of shutters will work best for your home.
Research the companies you’re considering
As with any business, it is crucial to know your seller when considering plantation shutters. Doing your research to ensure the seller is reputable, has good policies in place, and is authentic will save you time and headaches down the road.
Whether you are shopping online or offline, taking the time to verify these things upfront will pay off in the end. Be sure to compare the product’s quality and price with other sellers before making your final purchase. If your chosen seller guarantees replacement for any defects, you can be confident that they take their business seriously.
A seller’s checklist for authenticity:
It can be tricky to know whether or not a seller is authentic, especially when shopping online. Here is a checklist to help you make sure the seller is the real deal:
- Research the seller. A quick Google search can turn up any red flags about the person or company
- Pay attention to reviews. If other people have had bad experiences with the seller, that’s a major warning sign
- Compare prices. If the seller’s prices are much lower than others, that could be because they’re selling counterfeit products
- Check for contact information. A legitimate seller should have their contact information listed somewhere on their website or profile page
- Be cautious of too-good-to-be-true deals. If an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is
Make sure the company you choose has a good reputation
Firstly, be prepared for a process that will span several visits, phone calls, and conversations. Make sure you have all your questions ready so you can get the most out of each interaction. Secondly, it is important to find a showroom with a design that appeals to you and makes you feel comfortable. Lastly, It is also vital to choose a sales representative that you like and who will help guide your choices in terms of taste, application, and color palette.
FIVE things you should do after making the final purchase decision:
- Charges for a quote should not exist- if they do, beware
- Only allow certified professionals to work on your home (qualified fitters with experience)
- Get installation services done before making any payments (survey the work that needs to be done)
- Afterward, check the quality of work and make sure you are satisfied
- The warranty and guarantee should be no less than three years.
3 Tips to save your budget on plantation shutters
One way to reduce cost is to consider opting for a smaller set. Café-style shutters are a great way to get the privacy you need without sacrificing quality or natural light. These types of shutters work well in rooms like the living room, kitchen, or bathroom.
The second way to reduce cost is to choose an ABS plastic material instead of traditional wood. ABS plastic is often a cheaper alternative, but it doesn’t sacrifice quality. It might even be a better choice for waterproof shutters, making it ideal for rooms like the bathroom.
A third way to reduce cost is to choose a natural wood finish instead of a custom color. Opt for a standard-shaped shutter instead of shaped ones.
A plantation shutter company that is worth your time and money
When it comes to plantation shutters, there are a lot of companies out there that claim to be the best. But how do you know which one is worth your time and money? Look no further than Goodwood Shutters. We’ve been in business since 1995 and have a long history of providing high-quality products and outstanding customer service.
Looking for plantation shutters wholesalers can be time-consuming and frustrating. Goodwood Shutters aims to make the process easy and stress-free. We handle all the details, including trade stuff, clearance, logistics, etc. Our trade consultant will keep you updated on our progress every step of the way.
10% Lower Factory Direct Prices
A well-functioning supply chain is essential to maintaining low production costs, while the in-house shutter manufacturing process and high product quality helps to reduce breakage and replacement costs.
Competitively Priced with A Quick Turnaround Time
We want you to be able to focus on your business and leave the shipping to us. We promise to always deliver high-quality products on time, so you can stay in touch with your fans and grow your brand without having to worry about logistics.
A Wealth of Production & Exportation Experience
With over 20 years of experience in the industry, our team has the experience and expertise to get the job done right. From production to shipping, we’ll make sure your plantation shutters are made and delivered with the utmost care and precision.
High Standard of The Quality Examination
We utilize cutting-edge technology in our manufacturing process to ensure that each shutter we produce meets our rigorous standards. In addition, our team of in-house engineers works tirelessly to oversee all aspects of production and ensure that our products meet the highest levels of quality and craftsmanship.
Frequently asked questions about plantation shutters
How much do shutters cost?
If you’re looking for an estimate on how much your shutters will cost, the best way is to either use an online calculator or email photos and measurements of your windows to your supplier. That way, they can put together a shutter price quote and support you through the process.
Are bay shutters more expensive than standard window shutters?
Your window’s measurements are what ultimately matter when it comes to pricing shutters. Shutters are charged by the area covered, not the style of the window. Bay windows, which are typically larger, will cost more than a standard-sized window. To find out how much your bay window shutters will cost, enter your measurements into an online calculator provided by your supplier.
What is the most affordable wood shutter you offer?
If you’re looking for an affordable wooden shutter option that is also our bestseller, look no further than our Pinewood Shutters range. With a variety of styles and colors to choose from, these shutters are sure to meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
How much do bay window shutters cost?
There is no set cost for bay window shutters as they are priced per square meter. The size of your bay window will determine the final cost of the shutters. Use an online calculator provided by your supplier to get an accurate quote.
Are colored shutters more expensive?
We provide a wide selection of paints and stains to choose from, all at no extra cost. You can today order free shutter samples from our resellers.
No more endlessly wasting time on lousy plantation shutters suppliers. Goodwood Shutters’ goal is to let you sit back and relax. To save you time, we have also prepared a PDF version containing all the contents of Goodwood Shutters’s company profile. Only click here, and you will get the download link immediately.